How Ottawa Tow Truck Services Make Sure Your Towing Goes Off Without A Hitch
As a tow truck driver, there are a ton of unforeseen safety precautions that may need to be done when you arrive at the site of an accident. From helping manage traffic to getting client information, a tow driver’s job isn’t always as cut and dry as it seems. One of the key parts of towing is checking to ensure that the area is safe and that there will be no issues with the removal process. There are few problems that are as disruptive as having a car break down, and it is for this reason that Ottawa tow truck services like Canadian Towing employ skilled and quick thinking drivers who are adept at handling any towing situation.
Using A Tow Truck Service
A lot can go wrong when it comes to towing a vehicle, which is why it is generally advised that you call a professional tow truck service in your area when you run into trouble. Circumstances can change without warning, but an expert driver won’t have any trouble helping your tow go smoothly. If you’ve ever wondered just what a tow truck driver is going to assess when it comes to towing your vehicle, check out this list of common checks.
Detailed Checks A Tow Driver Uses
- Look for obstacles, such as tree stumps, fence posts or sign posts
- Confirm that the rigging is attached to components on the casualty that have the integrity to withstand the forces of the recovery. This will avoid secondary damage to the casualty and shock loads caused by failed rigging points
- Chains, straps, hooks, and wires for travel path should be inspected so that nothing can slide or re position during the recovery process and cause an unexpected shock load or damage the casualty or the rigging
- Ensure that the hooks are positioned and loaded in such a way so as to avoid tip loading and side loading
- Secure hooks with latches fully closed or secure mouse hooks without provisions for latches with mechanic’s wire or duct tape.
- Make sure the wire rope is in a straight line from the boom head to the casualty or the snatch blocks, and only contacts at the termination device and sheaves.
- Ensure that the boom heights are enough.
- See to it that the truck is stable enough and properly placed to anchor the load
- Make sure the length of the wire rope to the rigging is sufficient to exceed balance points for any up righting procedures
- Make sure wire departure angles off the boom head are not too sharp.
- If your final check reveals any problems or issues, this is the time to address them. Release tension on the wire and make any and all corrections necessary for a successful recovery.
There are some things that are better left to the professionals. While there are things that you should do while waiting for a tow truck, there are a number of things that your towing driver will check in order to ensure that your tow is successful. All you need to do is find the right tow truck company to work with and stay safe while you wait.
Call An Ottawa Towing Service
Did your car break down? Were you in an accident that renders your car undrivable? At Canadian Towing of Ottawa, we want your towing service to be one that you can trust when disaster strikes. Go to https://canadiantowingottawa.com/ to find out more and give us a call so we will have a tow truck driver and our expert team out to your location fast. We know that there are a lot of Ottawa towing companies to choose from, but between our comprehensive service options, fast and reliable towing and service technicians, and extremely reasonable and cheap prices, we believe that we can be the best towing company for you in your need. We pride ourselves in providing fast, reliable, and cheap tow service.
1601 Michael St #B
Ottawa, ON K1B 3T5
Find us on social media: